· Hotel · · T. Maria Amélia Pires · P. Rights Reserved

Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo

The exaltation of a legend

Located in the heart of Monte Carlo, in the famous Place du Casino, the Hôtel de Paris Monte Carlo was opened in 1864, welcoming personalities and celebrities for more than 150 years. The reasons for its popularity are many, starting with its prime location, a stone’s throw from the legendary casino of Monte Carlo, meaning that its guests have a front row seat when the curtains rise on the sparkling life of Monaco and the unforgettable sunset over the sea. Housed within an authentic palace, its bas-relief sculptures, marble colonnades and crystal chandeliers, among other grandiose attributes, are also persuasive factors when choosing which 5-star hotel to book.

An important renovation and restructuring programme aims to give a more distinct form to François Blanc’s dream. 
The Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, jewel of the Société des Bains de Mer Group in Monte Carlo, is going through one of its historic moments. An important renovation and restructuring programme, which ends in December this year, aims to give a more distinct form  to François Blanc’s dream of «a hotel that surpasses everything that has been created so far». Major changes include the creation of a garden courtyard in the centre of the hotel, roof renovations, a new spa, fitness area and pool, exceptional suites and a rooftop villa. The total guest capacity will be similar, but the accommodation areas (rooms and suites) will be larger and there will be more suites.
The renovations announced include the Princess Grace Suite. Covering 910 sqm and two floors, the suite conveys the elegance of the princess through elements such as glass, precious wood, marquetry, agate panels and natural stone. The outdoor area is crowned with a view over the Mediterranean and the Prince of Monaco’s Palace. It features a heated infinity swimming pool and an outdoor lounge.

The cellars, some of the largest in the world, are not only part of the hotel’s heritage, where around 600,000 bottles are ‘resting’, but also a place to share knowledge about wine.
Underneath the flower gardens, lies a paradise that remains hidden from the sun: the cellars of the Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, some of the largest in the world. Inaugurated in 1874 by Marie Blanc, the cellars were originally a place where vintage wines were bottled. During World War II part of the basement was sealed up and 20,000 bottles – including the most precious ones – were hidden away. Once peace was restored, the cellars’ re-opening was entrusted to a prestigious client, Sir Winston Churchill, and an old rum, dating from 1811, was opened to mark the occasion. Today, the cellars are not only part of the company’s heritage, where around 600,000 bottles are ‘resting’, but also a place to share knowledge about wine.
When it comes to food, the Louis XV-Alain Ducasse expresses a unique culinary repertoire. The menu by chef Dominique Lory and Alain Ducasse stands out for its modernity and youth. On the 8th floor, Le Grill offers exceptional panoramic views of the Mediterranean. On fine days, the ceiling opens up entirely to the sun or to the stars of the French Riviera. The cuisine highlights the grilled delights that have made the restaurant’s reputation. Another restaurant, L’Hirondelle, and a jazz bar, Le Bar Americain, complete the hotel’s food and beverage line-up, although the Salle Empire and terrace restaurant is due to reopen in 2019.
As one of The Leading Hotels of the World, the Hôtel Paris Monte-Carlo is about to re-emerge in all its finery and solemnity. Architects Richard Martinet and Gabriel Viora are in charge of carrying on and exalting its spirit, while anchoring it firmly in the 21st century, so that the legend can continue.
T. Maria Amélia Pires
P. Rights Reserved